Friday, March 8, 2013

Fun in February

I'm a little late posting about my happiness project for February. I got so worked up about FedLoans last week :). Anyway, for the month of February I went on a "pasta adventure" with Kyle and hosted people in my home. 

The pasta adventure was a lot of fun. Kyle and I love pasta, we seem to have the same things over and over when it comes to pasta, so I was intentional about changing things up. It was a fun experiment and I learned a lot about pasta. Most of the time, we just eat whole wheat thin spaghetti. However, in February, I searched the pasta aisles for some different options and discovered that there is 51% whole wheat pasta, and 3x fiber white pasta. What? 51% whole wheat? Whatever. Here are some of the fun pasta dishes we had during the month of February and a little on into the month of March. 
  • Mexican Stuffed Shells (Jumbo Shells!) 
  • Spinach Lasagna Roll ups 
  • Pesto, Cream Cheese and Chicken Farfalle
  • Zucchini Spaghetti with Chicken
  • Chicken and Noodles (Using Orzo, one of my favorite pastas!)
Mmm, so yummy. 

As for hosting guests. At the beginning of February, we hosted a "Ground Hog Supper" in our home and invited some of our friends over. The Menu: Sausage, mashed potatoes with sausage gravy, corn, biscuits, applesauce, vanilla ice cream and apple and cherry pie. It was a good night full of food, games and even some serious midnight talks about the power of campus ministry. 

For the month of March, my goal is to find something I'm passionate about (outside of seminary) and become an advocate for it. Until then, see you next month, with a little bit of blogging in-between! 


No comments:

Post a Comment